Android Mini Box Trouble Shooting Guide
Android Mini Box Trouble Shooting Guide:
(We STRONGLY recommend RJ45 direct LAN Cable connection for faster streaming)
More often than not the device not working at first can be as simple as not entering the correct password.
Most connections are encrypted so IT IS MOST LIKELY NOT YOUR DEVICE, IT IS YOUR ROUTER CONFIGURATION OR USER ERROR
Every WIFI hot spot is different. Some Rely on Encrypted passwords some on different security configurations. There is no ONE set way all of them require different steps to work with ANY TABLET, PHONE OR CONSOLE. The first thing you need is patience, connecting to a hot spot can be frustrating so follow these instructions and if all else fails a quick call to your Internet service provider or system administrator and they will walk you through it
WiFi is a wireless networking technology that can provide Internet access at distances of up to 100 meters, depending on the Wi-Fi router and your surroundings.
To use Wi-Fi on your Android Mini Box, you connect to a wireless access point, or “hotspot.” Some hotspots are open and you can simply connect to them. Others implement security features, so you must configure your tablet so it can connect to them.
There are numerous systems for securing Wi-Fi connections, including some that rely on secure certificates or other schemes to ensure that only authorized users can connect. The Status bar displays icons that indicate Wi-Fi status.
Network status icons turn blue if you have a Google Account added to your Android Mini Box and it is connected to Google services, for syncing your Gmail, Calendar events, contacts, for backing up your settings, and so on. If you don’t have a Google Account or if, for example, you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network that is not connected to the Internet, the network icons are gray.
How To Setup Your Android Theater
****INITIAL SETUP OF YOUR DEVICE****
CONNECT TO INTERNET AND ALLOW YOUR BOX TO UPDATE BEFORE 1ST USE
After connection to wifi open Android Theater (kodi) and let it also update for 5 minutes Connections for WIFI vary by customer and internet providers
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR PROPERLY HOOKED UP TO THE INTERNET BEFORE USING THIS DEVICE, ALSO WHEN USING XBMC / KODI PLEASE LET THE SOFTWARE UPDATE FOR UP TO 5 MINUTES or you can force an update by going to KODI / SYSTEM / ADD-ONS / AVAILABLE UPDATES
***Wait for all updates to download and install then restart Kodi
HOOKING UP WIFI:
1. FROM THE HOME SCREEN >Settings / WIFI – Your Access point appears in a list on Left screen
2. Check Box > Select Wi-Fi , (Allow upto 5 minutes to detect your router) then enter your password (case sensitive)
3. When the system assigns an ip address you are connected
4. To test your connection please hit the home button and select a browser to verify internet connectivity
5. If it is a secured hotspot you will need to type in the WIFI system password EXACTLY as required (CASE SENSITIVE)
6. Tap> Show Password> then tap>password, You will see a blinking cursor
7. Tap TWICE and your virtual keyboard will appear, Please enter your password EXACTLY AS YOU SEE IT
You should be connected to your WIFI.
ONCE you are confident you are connected to WIFI please navigate to the Home screen and select Android Theater, After KODI has initialized please click on any video link or navigate to Add-ons and select a link from the list of repos to view content.
If you cannot connect to your WIFI CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY
A Word About Video Streaming and Buffering:
Our devices have custom video encoding built into the software to cache the stream and mitigate buffering. Please keep in mind that buffering of video feeds can occur from a multitude of reasons beyond our device.
1) If the processor is slow or lacks the correct amount of System memory (other devices like Amazon Fire-sticks or cheap boxes)
2) If the Feed you select buffers from incorrect formatting or slow servers
3) Slow or Legacy WIFI connections
4) Poor internet connection (line noise slow speeds)
5) Modem malfunction or incorrect setup.
6) Poorly configured cheap devices with Kodi reconfigured or incorrectly programmed by do-it-yourself technicians
If a video stream is not playing smoothly please consider it could be the feed itself, the server your streaming from, the actual internet connection the server hosting the content resides on or your own internet connection.
While it is hard to pinpoint quickly what may be causing the problem rest assured our Devices are thoroughly tested and our software professionally configured for optimal performance, so it will not be tour device causing the issue.
How to fully reset your new Android theater MXQ Quad core to factory fresh:
Go to = Settings / Advance —-scroll down to BACKUP & RESET,
- *Make Sure Backup My Data is unchecked
- *Select FACTORY RESET DATA Click yes, let it re-boot, after re-boot let device sit for 15 minutes
- * Select Android Theater Toolbox and select Update (if 2 buttons) or Repair Android Theater (if 3 buttons on older models) always select REMOTE
- * DO NOT select 3D Launcher
- * On restart re-connect to WIFI
- * Let it sit for 15 min
- * Then unplug the device from power – plug it back in.
- * Start Kodi then go to System / Add-Ons / select check for updates
- * Let Kodi update for up to 5 minutes
- *Your Device should operate as normal
If you are satisfied with our products and customer support please dont forget to comment on Facebook, tell a friend, Or leave a positive review on Amazon, eBay or Our websites
Also did you know you can actually make money telling others about Android Theater?
Here is a link there is no obligation and no investment required, You tell a friend give them a link , when we sell a device you get a check. Simple as that.
If your On Facebook And Want To Make Some Easy Cash FAST Keep Reading A simple link to our site is all it takes. Earn up to 20% for every new purchase you send our way.
Click Here To start making money Now!
How to Get The Most Out Of Your Android Theater Media Center
Android Mini Box Trouble Shooting Guide
We are the only Android Theater Device Dealer with an Exclusive 12 month worry free warranty.
If your device becomes unresponsive or does not function properly we will re-set it to Factory Fresh Free of Charge. Just pay Shipping
ALL CONTENT RESIDES IN THE ANDROID THEATER – KODI LINK FROM THE HOME SCREEN
THIS IS NOT A CHANNEL CHANGER IT IS A COMPUTER
The new Remote Control is much easier to use than previous models but still requires patience
Just press the cursor Key and use the arrows to navigate the screen
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND A WIRELESS MOUSE FOR EASIER NAVIGATION:
Buy With complete confidence.
We have a FREE reset program for all customers. If for any reason you erase the settings or corrupt the device we will reset it
Some IMPORTANT things to consider when using this device:
- NOT ALL CONTENT IS AVAILABLE ALL THE TIME
- CHANNELS WILL BECOME UNAVAILABLE ESPECIALLY INTERNATIONAL (NO FAULT OF THE BOX)
- XBMC SERVERS GO DOWN OCCASIONALLY AND UPDATES ARE NOT AVAILABLE
- NETWORKS BECOME BUSY AND VIDEOS WONT STREAM (SUNDAY NIGHTS MANY PEOPLE ARE ONLINE)
- KEEP IN MIND YOUR NOT PAYING FOR ANY OF THIS CONTENT SO XBMC AND ANDROIDMINIBOX IS NOT OBLIGATED TO PROVIDE IT
- PATIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE ARE THE BEST WAY TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THIS WONDERFUL DEVICE SO PLEASE ENJOY
Here is a link To our downloadable Instructional Guide Click Here For PDF
IMPORTANT SETUP AND TROUBLE SHOOTING INFORMATION:
PLEASE REMEMBER AFTER UPDATING OR PERFORMING ANY MAINTENANCE, RE-BOOT THE MACHINE FOR THE UPDATES TO TAKE EFFECT
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT DEVICE USAGE AND POTENTIAL OVERHEATING:
According to our engineers the failure to turn off your box can cause an overheating problem. How does this accidentally occur? We have discovered in test that if someone leaves the device on (most of the time accidentally) If the power goes out and comes back on the device turns on and stays on with the customer unaware, or People pause movies for extended periods of time and walk away from the device leaving it on with a movie paused.
This also happens with inadequate airspace around the device (setting it on a table cloth or in a cabinet with no airflow) Please note that most issues and incidents are caused by a software problems or user error not hardware. Also note we have this same device in our lab that is rigorously tested daily and has been running flawlessly for over 14 months. We also sell HUNDREDS of these devices with less than a 1% defect (mostly user error or software). We just thought we would bring this to your attention so that you are aware that leaving the box unattended and paused for extended periods of time or if your power should go off and come back on that this device will and can overheat in some cases leading to permanent damage
When you first run KODI please allow available updates to finish installing. It will happen on the bottom right screen and takes up to 5 minutes to complete
ALL UPDATES ARE PERFORMED AUTOMATICALLY OVER THE AIR
TO VIEW ALL CHANNELS AND CONTENT PROVIDED ON THIS BOX INCLUDING INTERNATIONAL CHANNELS:
IF YOU EXPERIENCE SCRIPT ERRORS THIS INDICATES YOUR INTERNET IS NOT CONNECTED PROPERLY:
PLEASE MAKE SURE WIFI AND ETHERNET ARE NOT BOTH ACTIVE AT THE SAME TIME. PLEASE SELECT THE WAY YOU WILL CONNECT AND DEACTIVATE THE OTHER IN SETTINGS AND SETTINGSMBOX THEN PLEASE RE-BOOT THE DEVICE
IF THIS DOES NOT CORRECT THE PROBLEM CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY
Please re-boot (completely shut off and re-start your AndroidMiniBox)
Problem: I Deleted An App or I want To install New Recommended Apps
Solution: Go to KODI/ VIDEO / ADDONS / GET MORE
Problem: Movies Not Streaming Or Picture Freezing
- Select another streaming link
- Check Your Wifi Connection
- Select Different Media Player Repo
- Unfortunately Content will be come un-available from some media servers
- KODI needs to update for 2-3 minutes when you first start using it or it can become unresponsive
Problem: Device – Unresponsive
- Wait for Android to finish processes
- Re-Start Android Mini Box By Unplugging And Re-connecting the power
- Re-start KODI and allow 3-4 minutes for add-ons to update before navigating
- Clearing App Cache, Go to: Settings–> Apps –> Select app that is not responding and Clear Cache (DO NOT CLEAR DATA)
XBMC HELPER ON YOU TUBE :
Excellent Videos for Repairing and Maintaining XBMC on Android TV:
REPAIRING BROKEN REPOSITORIES